Rough. Couple. of Days in Molly-Land. (aka the circle of insane thoughts that work through my brain only to be vomited onto my poor boyfriend in crying fits of terror and woe is me's.) I love the picture above found on GOUNG xoxo. It can get ugly - people we love get cancer, family members that once new our every detail forget our existence and those you love suffer in unimaginable ways - with no way for you to make it better. I always think of my mom asking me, when I was little and sick, "Is there anything I can do to make it better?" Usually a kiss on the cheek and some Spaghetti-o's did the trick (I was obsessed with them in elementary school). As I've "grown" up the problems get bitter and become unsolvable. I can't cure cancer, but I can pray. I can't take away your pain, but I can talk you through it. I can show you happiness, give you comfort, and let you know that I love you more than anything in this world (and man - this world is big). We can't bring back those we have lost, but we can remember their spirits live on (I love you, Papa). Dropping of giant ripe tomatos, walking me around the block while I still had training wheels on, pushing us in puke enducing circles on the Richard's school tire swing.
I have this complex where I want everyone to be happy. My sisters, my parents, my boyfriend - his family - my friends. I want everyone to feel loved and blessed. I want them to know I think about them - pray for them - and that I try my hardest to not piss them off.
I have the most tolerable boyfriend in the world. When his world comes crashing down - mine falls just as hard. And I know it goes the other way too. We are a cheerleader for one another, pushing us to go on and on and on and on when we feel defeated. To smile, to laugh, to just let go.
I guess the point of writing this is to tell you - IT ALL GETS BETTER. We move on, things, pass, love holds strong, and faith perseveres. It's like last call at a bar - the nights not over - you're just moving on to bigger and better things.
Comments