Skip to main content

caged in.


If you follow me on Instagram you've seen these flats pop up numerous times. I own them in nude and red, and to be 100% transparent just purchased a replacement nude pair. While they aren't the gorgeous $900 Valentino Rockstud Cage Flats, I could care less, I bought them because I LOVE the style. I wish I could make myself spend $900 on shoes; however, at this point traveling, decorating my new home and investing in my future are more important. I can't have it all! Those of you with Rockstuds: Yes, I'm jealous. If you'd like the link to these shoes, they are so comfy, follow me on Instagram and send me a direct message - @McKerihan.

Please note: I know there are many that have very strong opinions about knockoffs. These shoes do not bare the Valentino tag, nor do they replicate the exact design. They are simply 'inspired by'. If you're wearing anything from Forever 21, Old Navy, Gap, even lower priced brands from Nordstrom chances are your pieces are 'inspired by' the offerings of items ten times their price tag. I read a story this summer about a girl in fashion who carried a Celine bag - only it was fake. She still paid a couple of hundred dollars for it, but didn't pay $2,000+. She wanted to look chic, but would rather pay her rent - no one could tell the difference. I think it's a great debate between what is right and wrong, but as the "IT" bags get more and more expensive, knockoffs become more attractive, right? 

Enjoy these pretties below! Most are uber affordable! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!