Skip to main content

The Fourth!!!!




About 25 years ago. Klode Park in Whitefish Bay. The place I still go, on the Fourth of July, with my very best friends. That little gal in the pink dress is me. The boy in blue, a dear childhood friend. 


A few years later at Grandma Dixon's. See: personalizing and monogramming runs in the family - I get it from my mama. This is my sister Emme, cousins Nat and Charlie and yours truly. 


Kaela is my best friend. This little lady and I have been through it all together. The fourth is one of my favorite holidays to spend with Kae and this was the first one in maybe five years! We had the honor of meeting the insta-famous @thedailydecker - IN LOVE. The husb will be getting me a frenchie - mark my words.


These two girls mean more to me than any silly little sentence could define. Not only did they stand by me on the biggest and most defining day of my life, but since middle school Katie and Kaela have been undescrible forces in my life. They teach me lessons I never knew I needed to learn. My love - these two and LJ - hold all my love!

I hope you and your nearest and dearest had the most beautiful fourth! 



I spent the rest of the weekend up at the lake with Adam's family. On Monday we laid to rest his beautiful grandmother. Alzheimer's took her 13 years ago, and I never had thr pleasure of knowing the grad man my wonderful husband did. Seeing him in photos with her stuffing his tiny belly full of strawberries and lying his sweet head down for a nap next to her made my heat melt and the tears flow. Out of sadness comes comfort and we were fortunate enough to spend the weekend with our cousin Megan, who flew in from Frankfurt. No one can make me laugh as hard (or eat/drink as much)! 





We hit the townie bars and Henry Ann learned how to swim! Adam leaves for Seattle tomorrow and I join him Thursday - can't wait!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!