Skip to main content

Molly's Social Media Rules

I've been hearing every excuse under the sun lately.
"But it takes so much time..."
"I'm sooooo busy!!!"
“What do I write?”
“I mean really…who cares what I have to say?!”




Seriously, you freaks, you’re not giving yourself enough credit. For some reason almost 500 people follow me on Twitter and my blog has over 10,000 hits in just under two months. People care…shocking, right? Why would anyone want to listen to me: I’m living in Wisconsin (not exactly the epicenter of high-fashion and dream comes true), BUT I’m passionate about what I’m writing about. I care about it, so in turn you care too!  Here are some rules I live by in the social media world.

1.If you care – someone else cares too! Tweet about what you love, ask for comments about the new shoes you just bought! See a piece of art work that strikes your fancy – ask for an opinion --- this leads us to…

2.ENGAGE your followers or readers. Did something super spectacular happen to you (like cough* you’re favorite beauty brand sending you a $120 gift that you had been lusting after for FREE!) Tell your readers about it (bragging rights are golden – just don’t be pompous)! The company appreciates this (I LOVE YOU XTREME LASHES) and your readers will think you’re extra cool.

3.Get personal. No, I don’t want to know what you ate for breakfast and that it inflamed your acid reflux, but if you found a super secret and super awesome new place for me to take my boyfriend for five pound burritos – let a sister know!

4. Did you accidently fart (thou who smelt it dealt it) in front of your new boyfriend? Tell us about it – be easy on yourself! Making fun of yourself is fun. Adam and I recently created a new game “The Travels of Fat Adam”. I take pictures of him on my iPhone with the fat face application while we are out to eat – and we make up stories. This week he giggled his gobble in distress as there was a 30 minute wait at apple bee’s.

5. You don’t need to make time. Say you’re at a stop light, waiting in line, annoyed with a co-worker: take five, log onto Twitter or start right a blog post. It literally can take me two seconds to shoot something out into the interwebs. I often devote my lunches to blogger or twittering. It's a nice break from my day where I write about something I adore!

6. Always tweet back! No one likes to feel ignored – and by not responding (if it’s spam forget this step) you’re making your fellow twitter-er feel like they were picked last for kickball.

7.Reach out to those who have made a name for themselves in integrated marketing. (HELLO! Fashion bloggers!)

8.Before you go to bed jot down three things you would like to share with others tomorrow at (10am, 1pm, and 4pm) – and then DO IT! It can be as simple as a quote, a tv episode you just watched that others should catch on hulu, or a great sample sale online. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!