Skip to main content

darken up.

Today I look more like my doppleganger than I have in a while. I wanted to take my hair a deeper shade of brunette. I read somewhere (maybe "Allure") that the most beautiful shades of brown hair are either very dark or very light - my mousy in the middle just wasn't doing me any justice.

I wanted a shade closer to this:



But ended up being more on the dark side see below:



And due to my ends being more porous they absorbed more color so are a bit darker. To my delight a permanent was used on the top of my hair and a semi-permanent on the bottom, so it will fade faster. I'm still getting used to the slight change in color, it's really not that drastic - but hey! change in change and I'm very particular about my hair! I also gave myself a spray tan in hopes that I would feel a bit more confident and less goth like. I've been assured that it's impossible for me to look gothic; however, I'm keeping my nails red, my lips light pink and my hair curled. I obviously don't subscribe to the rule that you should go lighter in the summer. You should always have a color hair that brings out the best in your features! For me it's dark: it brings out the tan in my skin, the green-ness of my eyes and creates less emphasis on my freckles!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!