Skip to main content

mo money. mo problem$.

 
As of late money is weighing mighty on my mind. I’ve done a great job cutting out the perks I once thought were must-haves!
No More:
Weekly Manicures ($25 every 5 days)
Eyelash Extensions ($100 for the set, $30 every 14 days)
If I see something I can’t live without (and it better be on sale) I treat myself to it.
No more facials (around $80-$100)
No more Pedicures ($45)
What I’ve learned to skimp on:
Eating out: Adam and I try to do this only once a week. Usually our dinners our are less than $20 per person.
Going out with friends: is so cheap in La Crosse, really the cost of living is so low too. However, with a taxi and enough drinks to get us through the night I would say I spend about $30.
What I need to give up on:
Impulse buys. I need to save for quality pieces that I can’t live without. Like a new pair of Skinny Jeans (I usually buy expense – think $150+ - I’m long legged and jeans are classic).
Buying random knick knacks for the house at TJ Maxx – nothing is going to make this apartment feel like home and I need to face that before I blow any more money on pillow cases and shower curtains.
What I’m proud of:
My stellar find at Goodwill! I found awesome Victorian lamps, they are intricate and beautiful. Once a dowdy shade of brown I spray pained them metallic silver. They were $1 each! Lampshades were $2 each – and I felt so great about myself after! I also picked up the ugliest pink mirror that I turned into a beautiful golden relic.
What I’m spoiled by:
The fact that my dad still covers my health insurance, cellphone bill and car insurance.

I keep close tabs on what I’m spending. I check my bank app on my iPhone daily and make sure I keep up to date on my car payments (I always pay early), rent checks are always on time. I also just got my first credit card much to my father’s dismay. I don’t consider it ‘free money’, I’m not that naïve, I’m using it solely for gas and groceries – and I pay it off right away. I mean I only have a $300 credit limit (BIG SPENDER!!!!!!!). I’m trying to keep myself in check for the future – so Adam and I can buy our dream home and so that my children can go to Ivy League schools (aim high baby). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!