Skip to main content

Mahalo.Aloha.

Dad and his girls. We love him more than anything. I am so blessed to have the two coolest, funniest, most down to earth and understanding parents on this plant. Through everything they have never failed me. I am so proud that I call my mom, dad, emily and kate my family. They mean everything to me. 
This weekend my family lost an amazing man. My uncle Bill was like no one else. A smile (really a huge ass grin) that was contagious. His smile was so real and every time a big smile was plastered across his tan skin (a perk of living with the love of his life in Hawaii), which was often, he would squint and all the character he encompassed was shared with the whole room. The fun uncle, the goofy uncle, he was always on our team and every time we saw him he let us know how great he thought his family was. One Christmas he sent Jesus candles - funny an inappropriate, but so uncle bill. Our paper crown traditions at Christmas were started by him, as were the party poppers with the tacky trinkets inside. Above is a picture of my sisters, my dad and me. We celebrated uncle bill's life over many beers, tears and the fondest of memories. My family means everything to me. I can't believe my uncle is gone at 51. It's never easy to let someone go so unexpectedly. But we can cherish our thoughts and say our prayers for his wife Kim, his brothers and sisters, and my grandma who should have never known the pain of losing a child.
There is no such thing as saying "I love you" too many times, laughing too much or loving too often.
Cherish the family you have. I love you Dixon clan.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE the Pics! Love U Mol!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!