Skip to main content

Pioneer Woman

When I was home my dad kept saying, "You HAVE to read this article in The New Yorker." I've never been good at listening, but then I came across The Pioneer Woman on Etsy. When B-rad told me about this blog, I was weirded out, who lives on a farm and actually enjoys it? What makes it so interesting to read. She's gotten abazillion hits and a book deal. What does she have that so many other blogs are lacking? And I bet she's probably hidieous...and doesn't wear makeup like any 'pioneer woman' would. Was I WRONG. First of, Ree is beautiful and her blog is amazing. Totally on the band(wagon).


"I was a teen angel. Not.
After high school, I thought my horizons needed broadening. I attended college in California, then got a job and wore black pumps to work every day. I ate sushi and treated myself to pedicures on a semi-regular basis. I even kissed James Garner in an elevator once. I loved him deeply, despite the fact that our relationship only lasted 47 seconds.
Unexpectedly, during a brief stay in my hometown, I met and fell in love with a rugged cowboy. Now I live in the middle of nowhere on a working cattle ranch. My days are spent wrangling children, chipping dried manure from boots, washing jeans, and making gravy. I have no idea how I got here…but you know what? I love it. Don’t tell anyone!
I hope you enjoy my website, ThePioneerWoman.com. Here, I write daily about my long transition from spoiled city girl to domestic country wife."



us.jpg

How refreshing is it to see someone so normal, but yet so removed from the daily routines we all live. Why chop onions when you can buy an already made meal? See...this woman is not lazy. So impressed and I love her writing. She calls her hubbie MalboroMan (he doesn't smoke, but is true cowboy) and gosh I just love her.

For a bit of change in your daily reading check out the lovely Ree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!