Skip to main content

ombre pt. 2

As you can see my hair was in awful condition. The color bland and boring. Even against off-white and in great lighting, nothing good was going on. I didn't have the balls to take you through this via video, but I wanted to re-introduce my ombre DIY. This time around I made sure to take my time and be patient. My first time around with ombre I mixed my bleach and toner myself and painted it on with a pro brush; however, I fully recommend using gloved hands. I was able to get between slices of hair for a more natural look. I'm loving the below photos - and think I did a great job! I know I'm not the first blogger or the best to blog about ombre hair, but this is how I did it the Molly way!

I used L'Oreal Super Blonde Creme Hair Lightening Kit Super Bleach BlondeL'oreal Super Blonde highlighting kit. If you have brunette hair you need to leave it on for at least 25 minutes for your color to lift. I put my hair into pig tails (be super careful with this so you don't get a line of demarcation) and started at the very tips of my hair. I left the tips in bleach for 5 minutes and then started to work my way up my hair shaft in 3-5 minute increments. I let this sit for 25 minutes from when I got to the middle of my hair line. 

I then washed and dried my hair. After, I wanted a little more color so I applied bleach to my ends and to pieces that were too dark for my liking, I also added some pieces around my face. I let this sit for 10-15 minutes and then washed.

By this time my hair felt like death. So....I used leave in conditioner. The kind I chose was hemp and placenta (ew ew ew!) but it worked really well. 

Below you'll find some different angles of how my hair turned out! LOVE IT! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!