Skip to main content

YES SIR!

Life is all about having "YES!!!" moments. Bypassing the bullshit and getting over it. I spent my life being consumed by worry, lack of self-confidence and self-pity. Then I got to college and realize that not only was I a crazy pessimist, but that it was making me kind of un-fun to be around. I would get mad, feel bad for myself and fess up a fake positive attitude - it was draining. Then...I GOT OVER IT.

Our lives are too precious to worry about our to-do list, how stressed we are, how busy we are, our goals - we can't worry - we just have to get it done. The company I work for is so passionate about self management and stress relief. We took a quiz yesterday, I scored a 54, which means you're basically so stressed that you're going to self implode - not attractive. I let myself get so stressed to the point where I can go without eating for three days ,survive on sugar-free red bull and come out of it with two zits on my chin and a zit on my cheek (true story - I'm 24 and have THREE zits right now).

Stress management is NOT easy nor is it something that can be kicked in the ass overnight. If you're feeling like you're drowning in a pool of virtual work vomit try listening to "The Strangest Secret" by Earl Nightingale. It was recorded in the 1950's but is based on the mentality of knowing where you're going, progressively realizing a worthy goal, deciding on your fate by doing a pre-determined job with already the outcome you wish to have. The secret is: we become what we think. You want to be rich think rich, you want to be thin think thin, you want to be the best - well know that you friggin' are. Or watch Jessica's Daily Affirmation. He notes that good luck will be attracted to you - and it works.

Having this "YES!" attitude drilled into me for two weeks now I brought it up to Adam. I want him to be more positive, to think things through, to stop with the "WHAT IF'S!?" Nothing is going to be as bad as it seems unless you let it. I told him this Mark Twain quote that was in the presentation my co-worker Susie gave, "I'm an old man and have known a great many troubles - but most of them have never happened."

It's like someone saying, "be the change you'd like to see in the world..." Hate faith in your goals, your dreams, your destinations. Turn your negatives into positives. Adam had A TON of laundry to do. I said think of it this way, you get it done between study smart people things and after it's all folded, you wont have to do it for another month and you'll have clean man-der-wear!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!