Skip to main content

My love affair with: RTR

Jacquard Pleated Bodice DressLace and Love Dress


Jungle Dream Clutch
My friend from college, Lindsey, is getting married in Chicago this Labor Day weekend. I hate shopping for cocktail dresses - not to mention the pieces I like usually cost upwards of $300. If I bought all my wedding looks via retail I'd be out a over $1,500 this summer - JUST on dresses. Now, I would rather spend this money on dinners, everyday clothes and well just living life. Rent the Runway has become my new fairy godmother. I order the dresses in my size (and get a FREE backup just in case they are too big/small). If I order two dresses - the second one if $25! They best part is, if it doesn't fit, I get all FULL refund. My mom who is usually super crazy about ordering stuff online, agrees with me that, Rent the Runway, is probably one of the greatest inventions ever. 

The Shoshanna dresses above retail for $350 and $435 and the Diane von Furstenberg clutch costs  a pretty penny at $350. Now to rent this look it cost me $150 (including shipping (deliver and return) and tax). If you're more into owning they have a clearance section where these gently used dresses can be yours. Think $1,500 dresses for $225 - win! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!