Skip to main content

Coif it up.



If you’re like me you consider your hair to be your first impression tool. Trying to be seen as an easygoing sexpot? Beachy waves. Trying to climb the corporate ladder? Classic chignon. A bohemian beauty? Loose waves and fishtail braids. Prepster chic, but still approachable? Side part, stick straight.

Our hair can and should tell a sartorial story. And like any well versed style enthusiastic is should tell the story of you. I’ve literally let my bad hair days, do just that, make my day bad.  My hair stylist is so much more than a rocket scientist, trust me that is a compliment, she hides my grays, smooth’s my frizz, and perfectly coifs my extensions so that no one can tell!

However, hair is made up of unpredictable fibers and reacts with fury to such natural disasters as humidity and rain!

Lucky for us all: the “mess” is in. Here are some great looks to test run when you feel like your hair isn’t pulling its coifed weight.


This look is messy yet still chic.  Keep the look cute and summery fresh with coral cheeks. 



Perfect for when you're in a rush. Part down the center - pull a few whisps out and wrap around a curling iron for a few seconds. This is great for any occassion in the office or throw on some red lipstick and head to a hot date!


Michelle Money from the Bachelor (Brad's Season) has the best waves! I watched her video on how to do them, and this is the ONLY way I will curl my hair! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!