Skip to main content

{wife} material.

Madison_mixer
Cocktail-napkins-mark-graham


Rug-burke-decor

Bergere
Lounge_hera

I'd like to start by saying: Henry NEEDS a dog bed and I NEED a bar cart for all of my wine bottles. 

I've convinced myself that I am wife material. I have a brilliant engagement ring on my finger, but the domestic goddess gene has not reared it's pretty head yet. Today the future hub and I wrapped presents, I kept saying it's the thought that count with a side glare he and I both knew I was lying to myself. It looked like some unfortunate fool wrapped my thoughtful gifts with their toes. I've never cooked a roast or a chicken, I don't like touching raw meat. Adam is the one that lights candles around the house and buys fancy floor steamers for the original hard wood floors in our house. But I do have something he doesn't have - good taste when it comes to decorating. We both like a bright palette  and preppy too, so when I say how about this he usually agrees with no hesitation. Over our three years together we've accumulated some pretty great things: glasses from Germany, my Nan and Papa's dining room table, another beautiful table from my parents to go behind our cognac leather couch {that we found for FREE}, and an Milwaukee brewing company antique crate and woven basket. I've bought preppy table clothes, trellis pillows,s and striped sheets and we are coming into our own style. I just don't know what to call it yet. I do know, that the items above from the Matchbook Magazine Store fit our personalities and interior aesthetic to a T. We live in a giant old house, with a front porch, Tiffany lampshades in the family room, built in china cabinet in the dining room, and no dishwasher. It's old - and has so much character. We will probably stay here for another year, but I'm craving more closet space and less square footage, I currently use one of the four bedrooms as my office/closet. It's lined with clothing racks and doesn't look too fancy - but the bright orange calls are fabulous! Cheers to getting older, and investing in oneself and ones home. EEEKS! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!