Skip to main content

{simple study} dressing quickly


I got dressed for work this morning in a flurry, and I looked cute. One problem: fresh snow. I was wearing my usual all black, with a gray faux fur, and my beloved Steven Pembrook booties {ugh}. So I'm now wearing brow riding boots {which totally throw off the chicness of my outfit, bonus, I didn't have time to put socks on}. Today's sleep side pony, would have looked perfect with the outfit above! I had to improvise, the brown, black, and gray was just too much neutral. I popped on a J.Crew necklace that was floating around in my purse, but alas it will have to do, just for today! 

If you're like me and your mornings are rushed here are some tips:
  • Lay out clothes the night before {yes, like in 3rd grade}
  • Coordinate your closet. I get frustrated when I can't find my favorite pair of trusty black jeans or leather leggings before I head to work. I keep three clothing racks on display with the items I go to most and have them organized by color and occasion  {ex. all my blazers and going out shirts in their own section}.
  • I keep most of my shoes upstairs, but always have my grab-and-go flats or boots by the door.
  • Train your hair. Don't wash your hair for a while. And then wash it. Then repeat. You'll notice over time that you can go longer and longer between washes {please keep showering, just use a cap}. I wash my hair and night and then run and curling or flat iron through it in the morning.
  • Keep a few shades of slip stick and neutral gloss in your purse. I'm often in the car before I have time to think about what my lips look like.
  • Put your bracelets, rings, and necklaces in the same place everyday. This seriously helps me shave a few minutes off my morning. If I take my watch off before I shower, and move it to my desk, I freak out when it's not on the bathroom counter.
  • Sort laundry while it's dirty. Whites vs. Colors vs. Darks. This way you know what is clean vs. dirty and the night before you want to wear your favorite white t-shirt you can throw it in the wash and have it ready to go


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!