Skip to main content

work.out.of.it.

I’m always looking to “Shape Magazine” for new fitness tips and trends – not that you should get trendy with your fitness routine, but it’s always good to mix it up and challenge your muscles. Then is saw this picture of Kelly Osbourne and forgot that I was looking for some tummy tighteners.
She looks amazing - and I'm selfishly really happy she decided to remove some of her tattoos. Good for her!!!
I prefer to sweat it out on the elliptical for 45 minutes and then do 15 minutes of abs or stretching. However, with the holiday season in tow – I feel like I’m floundering. Even though I haven’t put on the post binging pudge I’ve developed a complex about my weight - which is why I’ve taken to doing planks on the office floor. If I get the urge to call myself fat I drop for 60-seconds and look like a quivering lil biatch that I am.(LIGHTEN UP!!!! Working out does not make an eating disorder fatty!) My aunt (a spin instructor and hard body aficionado) said planks are the best TOTAL body work out. They strengthen your back, abs, arms, glutes and chest.

AND---according to Jackie Warner - the celeb trainer with the super abs - intervals are the best way to lose weight. She notes that 10-20 minutes of intense training are more effective than long (boring) workouts. I have the same fear that a lot of ladies do - bulking up from weights. But to clarify weight lifting burns fat and revs up your metabolism. You need muscle to become lean - I just always make sure to do a little yoga or stretching after to make sure I don't look like I'm roided out. 

Cheers to a healthy and happy - almost carb free holiday season! If you need some pump up music try:
1. Pink - Raise your Glass
2. Katie Perry - Firework
3.Bruno Mars - Grenande
4. Anything by Girl Talk
5. Anything by Milk Man  




 Kelly Osbourne Weight Loss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!