Skip to main content

Wedding Day Beauty: Milwaukee The Beauty Dept.




As many of you know I'm getting married next May. I'm in the process of finalizing the details, one of them is making sure I have the best of the best when it comes to my hair and makeup. I'll be the first to say it, "My name is Molly and I'm vain." If you've been a bride or are a bride-to-be I'm guessing you feel the same way I do. I want to look like the very best version of myself on my wedding day: highlighted cheekbones, flowing hair {good enough to be on a Victoria's Secret model}, and perfect skin.

Enter: The Beauty Department. Gina Barrington and Maggie Kerr are certifiably the best around - they are based out of Milwaukee, but regardless of where you live - their work is a must-see.

I knew that I had to work with them on my wedding day. I have previously worked with Gina on a Made In Milwaukee fashion show {it was a month after Adam and I started dating and I was smitten with him} and her eye for aesthetics is impeccable. Make sure to check out their portfolios and the weddings they have done - truly magical!

I've opted to do airbrush makeup, and my bridemaids, mom and mother-in-law will all be going the traditional makeup route. It's so important to me that my friends and family feel beautiful and confident on my wedding day, the better they feel - the better the day! Nothing ruins your attitude like bad hair and make up, right?

These beauties have worked on campaigns for Land's End Canvas, Shopbop, Glossed and Found, and countless high fashion editorials.







Photos Courtesy of Maggie Kerr


Maggie's Must Haves: 
Cle de Peau Concealer is Amazing, lots of coverage yet thin in consistency. Ir doesn't crease or move, so worth the money!

YSL Faux Cils Mascara in regular or waterproof. I just used the waterproof version in Mexico- I went swimming in the ocean all day then wore it out to dinner in 90 degree humidity; without it smearing or flaking at all. Best part about the waterproof? It gives you amazing lashes just like the original. 

I have also just started to (finally!) play around with Kevin Aucoin's makeup line and Love it. I love the foundations in pots that give amazing coverage and can double as concealers. I love the intensity of the pigments and colors in the eye shadows and blushes.The color range suits everyone from the palest snow white skin to the deepest hue.





Photos via Gina Barrington



Gina's Must Haves: 

My NUMBER ONE lately is Oribe Dry Texture Spray! Can't live without it for those Shopbop models! A must have for great tousled sexy hair!!!!

P.S. Yes she just said SHOPBOP MODELS....do you die? or do you die?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zo chic.

shop nasty.

loving. all of these looks from  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  . the thing is, i probably have most of these pieces - very similar ones - in my closet. the wonderful thing about nasty gal is that their styling is impeccable. the hair. make up. poses. faces. accessories. it's all spot on and can give you a new outlook on the pieces you might have. boyfriend's oversize rugby shirt - throw on a rhinestone necklace - flats- and old cutoffs and you too can be a chic lady about town. white t-shirt lying around - stretch out the neck make it off the shoulder put on a cute skirt - ballerina bun - over sized watch and you're ready to disco. i love this website. i love their price point aesthetic and outlook. its carefree. fun. and young. check it out! and check out their blog:  http://www.shopnastygal.com/  real girls with real bad ass style. xx. this shirt is $44 on shopnastygal.com - very similar one at h&m for $5 but this one has more detail/shape.

shop it nasty.

Today's current obsession is a silk printed dress.  Buy it here!